Monday 24 March 2014

The 31 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 21

Day 21 - Memories: Where have you lived?

This was originally, 'Where have you travelled?', but I have travelled quite a lot. So it's now, ''Where have you lived?'

I have lived in a few places. I was born in India - Gurgaon (a small town next to Delhi). I lived there for about a year. Right after - my dad got a job transfer to Switzerland. Everything was new to us. Even though I don't remember much, we went through a lot since it was our first time abroad. We had to get used to *everything*. I remember growing up there in a little suburb in Zurich called oberengstringen. There wasn't much there, but I loved it. The snow, picturesque every time. Me stomping on it trying to make it imperfect, the way I liked it. I would play in the snow every day until it was the few months of summer. The quaint town and the small supermarkets. It was so pretty - I thought I would never leave. Until I did. 

I moved back to India when I was five. Back to Gurgaon. This was where I made some of my friends who are still my friends to this day. It was hard - picturesque to pollution, snow to dust. But I loved it all the same. My friends and I would play with each other everyday and it was easier to settle in. I met people who were like and we would talk for what seemed like forever. Once again, I thought I would never leave. Until I did - again. I moved to Singapore this time. 

I moved here. I was so sad that I was mute for a few months. It was one of the hardest times of my life. But I got over that. Singapore instantly clicked with me, my health, my friends, the house. I don't know where I'm going next, but I can't wait. 

That, was a really long post. I feel productive now. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels