Saturday 15 March 2014

The 31 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 18

Day 18 - Your Favourite Childhood Books

This is an interesting one. I used to love to read when I was small. I would read everyday for as long as I could getting absorbed into the world of fantasy and magic (I used to read Rainbow Magic. Don't judge me). My favourite books would be:


  1. The Disney Collection: I used to love Disney stories. They were full of fun, adventure and magic. I had a book filled with every Disney story there used to be. My favourite by far is: Peter Pan. The upside with these stories was that I could flip through them whenever I wanted to since they were filled with short stories. 
  2. Secret Seven: I started reading Enid Blyton when I was in 2nd grade and I absolutely loved it! The adventure and the secret club. My friends and I tried to do the same, but the only difference was: we lived in a condominium where everyone could see what we were doing and there was no 'cases' to solve and we weren't surrounded by the thrill of finding clues and experiencing suspense. 
  3. Famous Five: Another Enid Blyton series. These were slightly longer and more adventurous. I would say the same about them as Secret Seven, except I read this in 3rd grade. Another thing that I loved about Enid Blyton's writing that it was so familiar, I wouldn't read anything else. 
  4. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: I absolutely love this book. I have nothing more to say. Kidding, I really love how I can just see my dream world come to life in this factory. I hoped is was real, asking my parents every day if I could visit. My dreams were crushed when I realised it wasn't there. But I really love this book a lot! 
That's it! What are your favourite books from your childhood? Comment below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels