Monday 3 March 2014

Birthday Surprises.

A few days ago was my birthday! On the 1st of March. So first things first, it's on the same day as Justin Bieber, and as many fans of JB may like this. I don't. Okay, so now that's out of the way, I just wanted to say that I had an amazing weekend and thanks to all my friends and family for making it the best two days of my life (so far). 

On Saturday, my parents got me a few presents. One of them was an iPhone 4 case. I admit, I was a bit sad and disappointed in myself for losing my phone. My mum was about to take the picture with me looking a bit gloomy, when my dad said, 'What do you think about the phone case when you see this?' and he placed an iPhone 5s in front of me. My first reaction: I screamed. Really loudly, not worrying that that we lived in a condominium where I could be heard from two floors up and down. I screamed for many reasons; joy, happiness, excitement, the urge to download and play flappy bird and finally, guilt. I wrote a post a few days back about how I feel great not having my phone, and now I did again. 

Of course, my first instinct was downloading flappy bird, snapchat and whatsapp. But as I did scan through the app store, there was a feeling of guilt and dread settled at the bottom of my stomach. The challenge I had set myself was to go without a phone for a couple of weeks. So, today as my friends and I rode back in silence (as usual) on the bus, I thought of restarting that challenge, with a phone this time. This is hard for me, because my phone keeps buzzing with a new notification for snapchat and reminders. But, what I have decided is that I need to stay committed and at least try and not use my phone unless there's an emergency. 

But overall, my birthday was a blast and I spent it with my friends and family! 


3 comments:

  1. OMG you are so lucky, but how can you get flappy bird now because it isn't on the app store. The new iphone will be coming out sometime soon, middle of the year or near the end of the year. 5s is really cool and hope that the thumb sensor will remain on the iphone. Which part of the 5s do you like? Mine is the thumb sensor and the slo-mo camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I got flappy bird through iCloud, because it was downloaded on my mum's phone (totally did not take advantage of that). But yeah, I still can't believe that Apple's releasing another phone. What else can they change now? I really like the thumb sensor, but it freaks me out because I just press the home button and I log in. The slo-mo camera is pretty funny. My favourite part is the thumb sensor (even though it scares me)!

      Delete
  2. Just don't forget the lessons you learned when you lost the phone. They were important ones. The world is amazing and beautiful and needs your attention as much as Flappy Bird does. Try to use your phone to create as well as consume.

    ReplyDelete

Labels