Friday 21 February 2014

The 31 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 13

Day 13 - Something You Have Been Avoiding
Okay, I have a lot of things that I have been avoiding. I'm going to try and talk about a few. 

1. Piano Practice - I have been playing the piano for eight years now and I really enjoy it. The problem is, that I just don't have the time to practice it or this is what I think. I love to play, but every time my piano lesson starts and the teacher asks if I had practiced or not, a feeling of dread just settles in my stomach. I try and lie and get away with it. The problem is, it shows in my work. I try to practice, but I just don't like to. It's hard and a bit annoying, but I really need to know how to deal with it. 

2. This Blog Challenge - I love to write, but sometimes I just forget to. Sometimes, I don't know what to write about and that's the first reason I started this challenge. So far it's going okay, but I just 'forget' to write about it sometimes. I have these moods when I feel like I could write a book, and the other end of the spectrum where I feel like I can't even type a word. I don't know why, but I want to catch up and build my stamina (Omigosh, I feel so healthy when I say that word even when I'm not) for writing. 

3. Facing My Friends - This was something I was avoiding earlier, but a few days ago, I just let it out. My friends were leaving me out (the usual), but this was going on for years. I felt neglected. I didn't want to waste my time, energy and tears on it but I had to let it out. Once I did though, it got better and I felt better. 

4. Participating in Class - I come across as shy and quiet, but once someone gets to know me, I think they change their mind about that. The thing with participating in class though, is that it scares me. I'm scared that my voice might become all weird and the slightest bit of error can lead to everyone trying not to laugh at you. Even when I know something that I can contribute to, my vocal chord feels like it's being strangled and my head starts to hurt. I have no clue why, but this alarm just goes off in my head telling me not to. I guess I have to learn to overcome that. 

It's great to get something over with and stop avoiding something and face your fears. It might be hard, but I like to think of it as the next challenge to overcome. 

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing this side of you. Please keep writing even when the challenge is over. Share you thoughts, feelings, and opinions.

    ReplyDelete

Labels