Sunday 23 February 2014

Holding Things Together

Have you ever felt caught between what to do? I have and it's going on now. The thing with middle school is that you don't know who is your friend and who isn't. In a stereotypical school, there's a bully, a clique and the person everyone wants to be. In our school, it's a bit different. There's a problem with friends. I've seen many people just sitting alone and reading, or walking around from group to group at lunch trying to figure out what to do. 

Friends can be great, but sometimes you just have to let go. But this isn't about that. It's about holding things together. As you get older, friendship gets more and more complicated. Fake friends, friends who are only your friends because they want to use your skills to their benefit. I'm not saying this in a bad way, it's great to learn, but this is taking advantage of other people. I have had a few friends like this and I still do and I need to learn how to hold things together. A few years ago, I had a friend who was younger than me. She used to go to our school. I didn't know why I had wanted to be friends with her, but she was nice to me on the first day. She used to live in the same place I used to. I used to go around innocently trying to figure out who to sit with on the bus and who to talk to. I was in third grade and didn't know what exactly I was going to do. This person laughed at me behind my back, and I mean this literally because she would sit behind me on the bus and talk about how weird or crazy she thought I was. I took these whispers and menacing laughter to heart. I would cry every night and waste a lot of energy thinking about what was wrong with me. I had to learn how to hold things together. 

This has really helped me and I just wanted to talk about how it can affect you in middle school the most when you and your friends are all over the place (trust me, I mean that in the best way possible). 
Comment below and talk about what you think could help everyone through this time. 

3 comments:

  1. I totally get what you mean about come and get it *ehem* the bus, but also the whole bus thing and the person who was younger than you. I know what it's like and so many other people do so don't think you're alone because so many people have been through this kind of stuff, and well, your know alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I think you know who the younger person is. Yes, we have interesting memories on the bus.

      Delete
    2. Aha yeah, they're in the past don't worry, they were silly, your amazing ((:

      Delete

Labels