Friday 24 January 2014

The 31 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 7

Day 7 - Your Earliest Memories
I am asthmatic and the only memories I have of when I was younger was about this. I (once again) narrowed it down to two. 

1)My First Asthma Attack happened when I was nine months old. I don't remember anything, but my mum told me that I had a rash everywhere and I couldn't breathe. I remember my second asthma attack very clearly though. I was at my friends house for lunch when I was eight years old. I remember eating a dhal which I was allergic to, but not realising after the attack. I was fine for about ten minutes. We chatted at the table and played with their dog (which I probably shouldn't have done, because I'm a little allergic to fur, but anyways). After those ten minutes I remember not being able to breathe and feeling my throat choking me. The ironic part was, I was sitting in front of a 'When You Know You're Getting an Asthma Attack' poster, since she had it too. I was rushed to the hospital and given a Cortisone (I think) injection which calmed me down. I was then put on a nebuliser which helped me breathe again. 

2)The Cut on My Head also happened when I was eight (I had a rough year). I remember just getting a new bike. i really wanted to try it out, but the floors were being wiped. Me being the impatient person I am, really wanted to try it out and so I did. Which was a little dumb because the floors were slippery and I should have probably tried it out outside. But anyways, I rode it through the house until you could imagine, I slipped and fell. I fell on the floor while hitting the edge of a door. There was a big gash in my head and the last thing I remember was my parents rushing me into the car. They later told me that I had passed out and was loosing a lot of blood. I was taken to the hospital and I had stitches done on my head. This operation took an hour because they first had to bandage the cast and take care of people who were in worser situations than I was. 

But those are the two main things I can remember from when I was younger. 

1 comment:

  1. Finally catching up reading your blog posts. They are amazing. Sorry, we have not spent more time promoting the great works some of your are doing. Keep this up and get back to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Labels