Thursday 23 January 2014

The 31 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 6

Day 6 - Something I want my kids to know...
I was really looking forward to this post, because there are quite a lot of things I want them to know. I narrowed it down to about three though: 

1) Best friends are people you don't need to talk to every single day. You don't need to talk to each other for weeks, but when you do, it's as if you never stopped talking. Best friends are people who don't create a big fuss over your mistakes and best friends are the people who always lead you in the right direction. These things are what make best friends. Something I want my kids to know is to always remember these statements. I once had a friend who did quite the opposite of a few of these things. She always used to make fun of me and would pressurise me to always go with her in activities, but whenever I tried to shut her out or try to talk to her about this, she would start to act sad and depressed as if she didn't have any friends in the first place. I soon learnt that everyone you meet can't be your best friend, but those people who you can instantly click with can. 

2) Live life to the fullest, because before you know it, it's over. Okay, so this is a bit of a cheesy one because its a bit mainstream, but I really want them to know that life is short. The basis of this one came form when I was small. I'm asthmatic and I had to miss out on a lot of water based activities when I was small, and when I grew out of it being that severe, I still wouldn't enter the water because there was this fear I had developed that I would drown. I missed out on a lot of opportunities and this is why I choose to take everything that comes my way from now on. 

3) Work hard and you will get there. This is the last thing I want them to know. Everything you work for is going to lead to something. I imagine it like a meter. the more you work and the more effort you put in, the higher/better the result. I would like to tell my kids to always give their best and to try their hardest, because the only work that pays off is hard work. 

Well, that was a longer post than I expected. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand and agree with you about the friend best friend part of it mean if you make a mistake and everyone does, you shouldn't ignore people and shut them out and just feel sad and depressed.
    I had a friend ....who was exactly like that.
    I know how you feel

    ReplyDelete

Labels