Saturday 16 November 2013

Personalities - Online vs Offline

Chatting is one of the most common things I do everyday and I notice that the person chatting always sounds different behind a computer screen. When I come to realise it, I think even I do.

Sometimes, it's for the better and people are more open while chatting (Like me). Personally I feel I'm more open because I won't see the person's reaction and I have time to think before typing. Unlike when talking - once it's said, there's no way to reverse it.

The other type of change, would be the negative one. These people would become a bit mean online - more online than off though.

I like to think of them as chat personalities.

I would describe my chat personality as open and sarcastic (not in a mean way though). Even though I think this is okay, my experiences with chat have been both positive and negative.

Some of the negative effects of having a different personality on chat would be - easily lying without being given away with facial expressions. Positively, I can be more open with my decisions since I wouldn't know if someone liked it or not - unless they say that to me.

But in general, I think chatting has actually influenced my personality offline. By being more open on chat, I have become more open with myself and my friends offline as well.




1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you doing so much writing and feeling comfortable in this space. Keep up the great work. Your blog looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Labels