Monday 2 June 2014

Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant.

Yes, I'm doing this.

I have now finished the Divergent trilogy (yay). Altogether, I actually enjoyed the books quite a bit, but I liked the first one the best. Here's what I thought about each book.


Divergent: 
Action-packed. Definitely, it was very plot based and moved along really fast. In the background, Tris had sort of an inner voice that would respond to each situation differently. I found this really interesting because I read a lot of plot based books, but giving that inner voice made me think about the character's perspective as well. All in all, the idea was really interesting and I found the book amazing.

Insurgent: 
Disappointment. This was what this book was for me. It was quite boring. They start off in the Amity compound, and for about ten chapters, the author described their lifestyle in the area before they escaped somewhere else. I found the book very dull and lifeless. The only page turning bit was near the end (I'm literally talking about the last 50 pages or so). So far, this book was not my favourite. 

Allegiant:
Interesting-ish. I guess I could say. This book was where they revealed everything about their city and why it was in the state it was in. It had a lot to do with genetics and the obsession over genetic purity. I found it interesting, but the author didn't portray a rebellion, but more of small acts defying the government. I think she could have described it better. The ending was a big let-down for me, and I think that the people who have read it would understand. But yes, it wasn't too bad. 

To sum it up, I didn't mind the trilogy. It was quite eventful and interesting. If you haven't read it yet, I would recommend it, but not as one of the best trilogy's that I have read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels